Monday, November 05, 2007

The Real Oops!!!

This is a tribute to one of my previous post, which was dedicated to my laptop. My laptop has been one of my proud possession, as I configured a state-of-the-art system in April 2005. At least, thats what I thought at that time and my dream was to make it a multimedia powerhouse, which I truly accomplished. My laptop became a desktop connected to nine USB 2.0 devices through a hub and a great 22" monitor, keyboard, external sound card and Bose speakers. I was excited and was utilizing it aptly, but it seems like laptop didn't liked the dull and boring life of staying at top of a hutch of a table.

One Friday evening, while I was trying to connect some wires at the back, it jumped from the shelf of the hutch, bumped on the table and landed on the floor. And there I was, at the back of the table in an awkward position (which I will not describe...), entangled in about 12 wires (remember 9 devices..!) with no view of the rest of the world. The sound made me feel the real Oops...!!! I think I almost visualized the oops for first time in my life. Anyway, the sturdy system sustained a lot of damage to the hing, keys and top. It cannot be closed now, so it is essentially a desktop. This post is being posted through the same tough Dell Inspiron....Hats Off to My Lapi...!!! Check the pictures for better visualization.

No comments: