Wednesday, September 26, 2007

The Essential Drucker

These days I am reading "The Essential Drucker", a compilation of some writings of the father of management, Peter Drucker. This book has really the essentials of management as the title suggests and has impressed me with the vision of the author. Some of the writings included are very old, but hold very well in present-day environment. I expected that with the change in society and the way management has evolved over the past years, some of the writings might be very old school type. But it was actually otherwise, because the topics addressed are very generic and would any person at any level of hierarchy in the corporate structure.

A complete review will be posted here later, once I finish the book.

1 comment:

Amit Deshpande said...

I will be eagerly waiting for the review. Mean while you may also be interested in http://www.winningnice.com/.
Some simple but effective ways of management explained in the book.