Friday, November 07, 2008

TIME's Best Inventions of 2008

It is that time of year again. The end of the year, when you start seeing those lists, such as, best inventions, best websites, best moments, best pictures etc. And I am always waiting for these lists. No matter how much I read articles, blogs, books, etc. I am always surprised to see the new items in these lists.

This time, the surprising items were in the list: TIME's Best Inventions of 2008. Click here to see the list. Here is a preview of the list:

1. Peek Email Device
2. T-Mobile G1
3. MacBook
4. iPod Touch
5. Eye-Fi SD Card.

G1 certainly came as a surprise to me. Maybe, mainly because I am a loyal iPhone user. Actually, when I started using iPhone, I was amazed at the device's capabilities and functions. Maybe G1 has something in it to make it to this list.

My favorite was the No.5. A SD card capable of uploading your pictures directly online to any photo service? A SD Card which directly beam images to your hard-drive? A SD card which can geo-tag the pictures, right where they ar taken. Come on!!! you must be kidding me.

But then, this is purely an invention. And the bsuiness apportunity is huge here. Think about all those camera owners, who don't to buy a new camera equipped with bluetooth or wi-fi, but still want all these features. I am such a photographer and I'd love to have this card..asap!

No comments: