Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Writing is an Art!

I perfectly agree with this! Writing is truly an art, a skill, which develops as one practices more. It doesn't matter what kind of writing, be it a story, biography, book, product review or blog, art of writing is certainly a required skill. Ever since I got out of touch with blogosphere, I feel that I am loosing my writing skills, which are now merely confined to responding to work emails and other job related stuff. For me, blog writing was a serious thing (though a very good friend disagrees with this and questioned it once) and I was able to organize and process my thoughts before jotting them down. Of course, that does not mean I am gonna put all the boring, lifeless and deep philosophical thoughts. But whatever it was, it was not senseless.

After getting entrapped in the vicious circle of 8 to 5 (sometimes more) work, ensure learning, paying bills with an aim of "having fun" whenever possible, I quietly slipped out of blogosphere and blogging. Now I realize what a mistake it was !!! Authors write books on Effective Writing, How to Improve your Writing Skills (I made up these title, not sure if they exist) and what not and lot of people buy them. Being a hands-on engineer, my opinion is that the best way to lean and master a desired/required skill is to start practice it immediately.

Said this, begins my quest with myself to blog on a regular basis!
Le thou blog!!!

1 comment:

Dreamer said...

I agree with u.. to me writing has always been an exploration.. it is easy to write, but to write what you mean is difficult.
Blogging gives fodder to that quest and with life taking its many twists and turns I find myself struggling to keep this quest going..
So bravo to this resolution of yours (don't let this one slip away easily)